We have all heard before the term “Emotional Intelligence” but do you know exactly what does the term mean? It is actually:
- The ability to precisely recognize your own emotions, as well as those of others
- The ability to use emotions and apply them to jobs and responsibilities, enjoys thinking and solving problems
- The ability to manage and control own emotions, and also the ability to cheer up or calm another person down
Here are some characteristics of an emotionally-intelligent seafarer on board the ship.
- Open to change
- The issues a seafarer have to settle on board are constantly changing thus it is definitely beneficial if the seafarer is highly adaptable to changes
- The seafarer know what he is good at and what he still have to learn
- He is able to relate to fellow seafarers on board and able to understand what they are going through
- The seafarer is not judgmental and he explores all possibilities to new solutions.
- Emotionally-intelligent seafarers are gracious and they do not let critics or toxic people affect their emotions.
Emotionally intelligent people can make working on board the ship a totally different experience. Are you an emotionally intelligent person?