It’s New Year’s Eve and tomorrow will be 2019 already. With all the Christmas festivities the past week, are you ready to welcome 2019? Have you had time to reflect and look back on everything that has happened in the last 12 months?
An annual review is a good way to be mindful of the moments that touched you or made you happy, and also to reflect on the occasions where you made mistakes and how you can improve yourself. Looking back at the past year is also useful in ensuring that you set realistic New Year’s goals and resolutions.
Below are 10 questions which you can reflect and appreciate what 2018 has brought you:
- How would you describe 2018 in 5 words?
- What are the first thoughts that come to your mind about this past year? Mostly positive, negative or neutral?
- What did I start and not finish?
- If I could change one thing that happened this year, what would it be?
- What is my favourite accomplishment this year?
- What is the one thing that I wish I could have done better this year?
- What book(s) did I read this year?
- What was the most difficult encounter you had this year?
- What was the nicest thing you did for someone this year?
- Who was one person I met this year and I’d like to get to know better? Why?
“Self-reflections are about becoming a wiser person and acting smarter”