You should probably know by now about the dangers of the sun but did you know that skin cancer is one the most common risks due to increased exposure from the sun? This is why it’s so important that you slap on the sunscreen before you head out.
Here are 5 reasons why you should wear sunscreen:
- Do you know that the number one cause of premature aging of the face is ultraviolet exposure? If you want to look young, it is advisable to wear sunscreen so that you can slow down the development of wrinkles and leathery skin.
- Wearing sunscreen decreases your risk of developing a variety of skin cancers, especially melanoma. This type of skin cancer is known to be aggressive and can be life-threatening for women especially in their 20s.
- Sunscreen can help to keep your face complexion even. Damage from the sun is one of the causes of uneven skin tones.
- Sunscreen can help to protect our skin’s essential proteins such as collagen, keratin and elastin. These proteins keep our skin smooth and healthy.
- Are you aware that sunburns weaken your skin and subject it more to bruises. The harmful UVB rays can cause your skin to suffer from repeated attacks of peeling, swelling, redness and itching.
There is no specific time to start using sunscreen but it is always earlier the better. So what are you waiting for? Apply the sunscreen now.